You are sitting in a comfortable chair relaxing.. You realise the quientness around.. And In No Time you are deep in thoughts listening to The Silent Words... Let Them Speak for they will Surprise You..

If I were a baby again

Posted by Nikhil Patokar On Saturday, November 07, 2009 28 comments

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 4; the fourth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.


P.S
My sister started with the blog  Through My Eyes  Please Do Visit and comment on her post. 




My cute little sister comes running into my room and hurriedly tries to go online through my PC, but the net appears to be down she asks me what should she do...and i just out of curiosity ask her
"Would you like to  be a baby again"...and she says "yeah why not i would love to be a baby again..." and i ask her, "why ???" she says, "Just coz i miss writing those alphabets, however inverted or scary they might have looked but i still like to write them ..i miss them.."and before i could ask her anything more she started writing stuff on the notepad..Which i read after wards and it said...(her own words)


"""I know once we have became big we think that I must become a small child once again , I too think like this. To share my thoughts with you about this i am here.
          When i was small I was studying in mahatma school of academics & sports. I was crying everyday for a chocolate , if my mother won't buy it , I used to tell her if you wont give me a chocolate , I will not go to school , listening this she was suddenly buying a chocolate for me. But now this idea didn't work , my mother tells me first see your teeth's condition and then tell me i want a chocolate .
         I remember , when my mother was coming to pick me I was telling her to buy a   sparkle glass when she was giving that in my hand it was sliping from my hand and it broke downbut still everyday i used to buy one...now i cant....
        I was not completing my homework I was just playing and now if i dont complete my homework my mother goes on shouting complete your homework fast... now i miss writing that alphabets (which were offcourse written keeping in view the mirror and its reflection), numbers and all .
       At night i used to go in the garden of our building taking my favourite doll with me I was not sleeping untill I atleast went once in the garden....but now no time for that...
       Now I think if i will become small child once again I will not like to become big..."""


I thought about her words written above... they were all small little things, if we change one little thing in it the joy of childhood will vanish...the moment you decide to act more wisely, obediently ....you are thinking like a grown up and you are no longer a baby...so i would say..If i were a baby again i would change Nothing...and just Nothing from my childhood...    

  

      


P.S
My sister started with the blog  Through My Eyes  Please Do Visit and comment on her post. 



The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

28 Comments !!!:

Nice post. Agree with you totally on that. "if we change one little thing in it the joy of childhood will vanish" very true.

Btw I liked your blog template a lot :)

hey nice one.. How old is your sister now?

and lovely template

definitely that's the point..
ain't it..
I won't try to change even a single whisker from my life , if I were a baby..

wonderful post NiCkhil..

@evanescentthoughts..am glad that you liked my point.

and ya took a long time to find that template...


@Daisy blue... thanks.....

@Rajalakshmi...well my sis is 12 years old...and the words above are going to be her first blog..which i will create soon...

@RSV...thanks for ur time....

Nikhil your sister still at final stages of childhood and such words from her is really amazing... Liked the last words :D

Your sister is right.. we have to follow too many rules as we grow.

Good Post buddy!!
First time here via blog-a-ton!!
You have really put the words so simply yet effectively!!

gr8 thoughts
you are right evrything in childhood is good..no need to change anyhting

Simple, quite and distinctly innovative with smooth narration....
Good post :)

cheers,
mahesh

Simple and lovely write-up!
"If i were a baby again i would change Nothing...and just Nothing from my childhood..."
Very well said.
All the best! :-)

Hi Nikhil, my first time here :)
You penned down the feelings! How innocent we have been!
""if we change one little thing in it the joy of childhood will vanish""
How true!!
All the best :)

@ dhiman.... ya really i was surprised to read such words from my sister too...specially her last line "i will never grow up again..."

@aativas...ya really its all so complicated in this grown up world...

@prashant @niharika @chetan @mahesh @karthik @shruti...THANK YOU...FOR GIVING YOUR VALUABLE OPINION....

@All...this Engineering submission is keeping me busy..will get to your posts soon....

"At night i used to go in the garden of our building taking my favourite doll with me" - So, you were fond of dolls when others were banging cars.... ;-)

Just pulling your leg buddy.... What you have said in a simple context encapsulates the essence of life... and very few are able adhere to them...

@Talking Skull...Dude those were my sister's words...not mine...all the words in green are hers...

"If i were a baby again i would change Nothing...and just Nothing from my childhood... "

almost similar thoughts ..but wouldnt mind reliving those days :P

Little ones are always special to be heard! Nice piece of narration Nikhil! You remind me of my brother - his name is Nikhil too ;-)

its very natural. I liked the last sentence a lot.

Such true sentiments echoed here! Change nothing is the best thing! Only preserve the innocence... nice post! all the best for Blog-a-Ton!! :)

Sweet little post thr Nikhil.. I really liked the line - the moment you decide to act more wisely, obediently ....you are thinking like a grown up and you are no longer a baby
Babies should indeed be 'babies'.. bt these days children r growing so fast tht they loose tht innocence too early.
Anyways all the best :)

Good post go and relive the moments

those lines in green are my favorite..i love children...ill share an experience with you here..recently i attended a cousin's marriage and as usual you have marriages full of kids(while we all kno that we marry to make kids..also..but strange.. :P kidding..anyways)and i met my cousin's cute little daughter..she came to me and said she knew the spelling of face,tongue,legs so on..and then i started asking about her friends and she said her best friend was priya...and i said i could spell PRIYA..and she was shocked..man you should have looked at her..she was like "how the heck you kno her spelling??" and i felt...o dear i want to take you home. :) so cute and so so so divine..if i can say so...that is what you meant i believe..i dont want to change a thing in any child..let them fall in dirt let them get cavities in their teeth by eating sweets..just leave them...they are higher to you...:) nice post..how old is your sisiter?

Oops ! another post I missed. Good that I checked back..

Honest and simple with lots of emotions.

Loved this post. What a sweet bro you are to have posted your sister's writing over here. Yes, even i don't wanna grow up.