You are sitting in a comfortable chair relaxing.. You realise the quientness around.. And In No Time you are deep in thoughts listening to The Silent Words... Let Them Speak for they will Surprise You..

The Other Day

Posted by Nikhil Patokar On Saturday, June 11, 2011 9 comments

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 21; the twenty-first edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.



The minute hand was slowly approaching 12 and the hour hand was just exactly where it was supposed to be all through this day, at 8. I got up from my cubicle and to my surprise the hustle and bustle to the end of the day had already started. And just an hour ago, it seemed no one is there. All submerged into their work. Racing against time to complete work today.
But all this sudden change had to mean something right! Yeah! It meant we were having the long awaited holidays from this pile of office work. Quite unusual for an office to remain close for a full 5 days. And to top it all we had no research to carry forward to my holidays.
Normally people won’t find the excitement behind this happiness in the environment but let me tell you, working in this particular office was no less than working in hell. But as like everyone I could not resist to accept the bucket full of money they were paying me.

Calm and relaxed that how I felt sitting on the couch in my house. But I must have thought that a little bit loud as “Let’s go out to some random place and spend the holidays... ”, she said, before I could enjoy the glass of water that was offered to me.

“Ahh! Why not!” I said, just so as not to lose the just found and restored calmness in my mind. Because you know how wife can be, right! They can never take a no straight away. It has to be induced in their mind by inception I guess. They have this wonderful mechanism of not accepting the facts present and creating non existing facts. So to keep the existing calm I said yes...

But let me warn you, never ever underestimate your wife. “Okay we are leaving in an hour then. I have packed our bags and we are ready to go as soon as you say you are ready.” She said super excited.

Damn! Now where did that card come from? Let me guess, it was not a part of the deck. I was planning to play... I had lost with just one turn. No that was not just possible. But it was happening all right!

Now I had to say something that was supposed to take the calmness away from me. But that was my last chance.”Why don’t we plan, first and then go with it. It would be better if we do that. Don’t you think so? see am not saying no, it is just that we should plan to avoid inconvenience an”. I played that card just to buy me some time. And I hoped it to work otherwise I had no choice left but to just go with it...

“Yeah! Right you never said no, it’s just that you need time to decline the idea of going. You would take time in planning, and when that’s finally done we will be left with no time to go. Yeah, You are right! “, she said all furious.

Oh Man! I was surely loosing this...”Okay just give me a few minutes will you?”

You take you own time, said the voice as the door slammed shut behind her. I had surely lost this.
And here I was in some location unknown. Okay I knew it but could never spell it. But we had got here after long hours of sorry and we must leave right now pleading...
And to my surprise the place was amazingly beautiful. We were near a cliff with not more than a few houses and few hotels around. Trees and plants filling every possible place with green. And the flowers providing the occasionally needed disturbance in the green. The air around was so fresh and pure we could easily smell the flowers spreading the magic in the air. Just as I was talking smaller steps towards the cliff edge, I realised I was in heaven. The sea in front of me was just emerging.

And that was it. I was in heaven. And the peace and calmness in my head returned just like the other day...





The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

9 Comments !!!:

I love the way you ended.. Love it..

and the peace and calmness in my head returned just like the other day

This was awesome.. Wanna know what happened the other day?

Someone is Special

Though I liked the way you ended it, I kind of got lost in between wife and the dude being in heaven...

Anyways, ATB for BAT

Read mine at The other day

He slipped up huh? From heaven on earth to the real thing..

Well said.

A beautifully written piece. Enjoyed the character's conversation, very naturally composed.


Sureindran - The Other Day

Loved the ending. Nice confusion you created there too, amid the slip up there. :D
All the best for BAT.

Best Piece :)
Best Ending!

ATB fr BAT :)

Thanks for ur Love n comments on The Other day of Mine

Vysh

beautifullyyy ended ..liked it :) all the best !!

In the end, it seems it is good to listen to wife :-)

Good choice of words, although the basic plot is a bit confusing