You are sitting in a comfortable chair relaxing.. You realise the quientness around.. And In No Time you are deep in thoughts listening to The Silent Words... Let Them Speak for they will Surprise You..

Stranger

Posted by Nikhil Patokar On Sunday, September 02, 2012 17 comments

It was very dark around; I could not make out the time. I could see no one around me. I was walking alone. There was a lot going on through my mind but I could not make out what. A part inside me wanted to burst out. I could feel my skin expanding and exploding to form a bare individual. This was not the case yesterday.
Who was this stranger that I felt inside me. All I could feel was rage coming inside me. This had never happened before.

It was just a few hours ago, broad day light we were at the intersection we had just walked a few blocks to get some fresh air. Just as we were about to cross the road, a stranger approached towards me. A few seconds later all I could make out was the sound of tyre screeching. My friend on the ground with blood around. That’s all I could remember...

And I could do nothing about it. The driver had escaped being a teenager driving with unknown speeds. I was now a stranger to myself. I was just a stranger in the night without my friend.


This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 31; the thirty-first edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. The theme for the month is 'Strangers in the Night'

17 Comments !!!:

A menace very well worded. Curt and crisp. Supe.

lovely read :)

all the best for BAT !!

if you have time do visit

strangers in the night

Sad. Being a stranger to yourself on losing a friend. New concept! :)

yes, a new concept; could have been written better :-) Keep writing.

A stranger lurks within all of us, who seizes us when our loved ones depart? I like the concept very much. All the best!

Great concept, I mean brilliant but yes a bit short...

This is brilliant story but sad one.. Congrats on Veteranship, I shall update you on Blog-a-Ton. Kindly, drop an email to claim your badge.. Keep writing! Good Luck!

Someone is Special

a hit and run...they dont know what mess they leave behind...short and to the point
ATB for BAT :)
i could not participate...but u can see my post here
Karan - Strangers in the Night

I'd have liked a rather elaborate tale...but being short & crisp is also good..

That was an interesting take on the topic. Best of luck for the Blog-a-ton.

Interesting and sad and unfortunate, but am able to relate more to it because the same thing happened recently to a friend's co-worker. Best wishes for BAT!

Crisp and interesting ..yes of course sad...
ATB for BAT

A new concept of stranger and a good one. Could have elaborated it more. But still a nice post :-)

Being strangers with respect to our own self is often undesirable but almost inevitable with respect to a few things...we live and learn.

Nice attempt. Couldn't quite understand the concept of becoming a stranger to yourself because of someone else's fault though.

Anyway, ATB for BAT 31

Here's my entry

http://scriptedinsanity.blogspot.in/2012/09/blame-it-on-dark.html

Cheers
CRD

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.